Wafer Process Systems Inc.
Welcome to WPS Systems Integration
a Leading Supplier of Wet Chemical Process
Equipment to the Semiconductor, MEMS, Photonics, Solar Cell, RFID,
and Flat Panel Display manufacturing industries since 1983
Wafer Process Systems Inc. Model MEG-QDR-LDT Series, Fully-Automated Megasonic Quick Dump Rinser with Liquid Diffusion Technology IPA Aerosol Dryer
Wafer Process Systems Inc. Liquid Diffusion Technology (LDT) provides enhanced drying performance for a variety of substrates
and material surfaces. This proprietary drying process and its subsystems control the creation of an ultra-pure IPA aerosol layer that moves across a motionless substrate to diffusively remove water, without leaving watermarks. The Venturi Aerosol Generator and
its subsystem very efficiently creates the ultra-pure IPA aerosol layer with the robust process flexibility necessary to dry high aspect ratio / deep trench topography, half-pitch wafer spacing, and a wide variety of other applications. This subsystem uses no energy to passively create a unique range of IPA aerosols that other IPA dryers simply cannot create. Furthermore, using an IPA aerosol in itself eliminates the safety hazard of IPA vapor dryers. Wafer Process Systems Inc. Passive Aerosol Dryers provide an efficient and clean drying system that is safe and environmentally-friendly.
The operator interface is via a colored touch screen panel which provides full graphical display of all process parameters. The touch screen controls incorporate an alarm status panel which prompts the operator in the event of any alarm conditions. A maintenance screen panel which allows service personnel the ability to control all functions manually and to calibrate temperature indicators and auto tune all PID software functions. The integral database provides the ability to create multiple recipes and download from process recipe select screen.
All systems incorporate UL, CSA or CE listed, electrical components. All system electrical components are guaranteed for three
years and All system DI Water components are guaranteed for Three years and provide a 98% uptime.
Standard Safety and Service Features:
- Three year warranty on all system electrical components and DI water components and two year warranty on all
chemical fluid components.
- Emergency power off circuit with remote mushroom kill switch located on front of cabinet and remote lock out
tag out knife switch electrical power disconnect.
- All UL, CSA or CE listed high voltage electrical components with GCFI power circuit interrupt for all heat load
power circuits and component level circuit fused circuit protection.
- Photohelic® low exhaust monitor with audible and visual alarm to interface with emergency power off circuit.
- N2 purged electrical control panel enclosure with flow meter and purge pressure interlock to interface with
emergency power off circuit.
- Plenum liquid level sensor located in chemical and rinse vessel plenum to interface with emergency power off
circuit with audible and visual alarm.
- UL Listed Photo Electronic Smoke Detector to interface with emergency power off circuit.
- FM Approved Noveon® PVC-C constructed weldment with integral secondary containment plenum.
- Casters and leg levelers for transportation and installation.
- Electrical interlock switch keyed bypass switch to eliminate deactivation during servicing of tool.
- Stainless steel N2 and CDA manifold with high pressure and low pressure regulators with gauges.
- Flow through PFA Teflon DI Water manifold with Flaretek Teflon tube fittings and auto DI water shutoff.
- Removable rear access plumbing panels and electrical access panels with interlock switches to interface with
emergency power off circuit.
- FM Approved 304 stainless steel constructed weldment with #4 finished and integral secondary containment
- FM Approved 316 stainless steel constructed weldment with mirror polished finished and integral secondary
- FM Approved CO2 Flame Suppression System with Dual Mode UV/IR detectors.
With 200mm hydrophilic silicon wafers the Passive Aerosol Dryer (PAD-120) dries with particle neutral performance or
better at 120 nm that is watermark free, regardless of wafer load size. These particle performance results were obtained and
tested for particle performance at a customer's site while running actual application processes. A manual stand-alone dryer
was used for these tests. Integrated dryers show even lower particle adders as a result of Megasonic Cleaning and robotic
handling. Particle neutral is based upon the average of all wafers in the cassette.
Candela Test Results
Before and after Candela particle test of quartz wafers process through Megasonic IPA Aerosol Dryer only without any
Cassette Slot #1 Particle Test
Cassette Slot #9 Particle Test
Cassette Slot #17 Particle Test
Cassette Slot #25 Particle Test